Use A Slow Cooker Crockpot
To Prepare Delicious Nutritious Meals
Dust off that slow cooker... or dig it out from the back of your cupboard! This crockpot cooking appliance is a timesaving way to get a hot, nutritious meal on the table with minimal effort.
I hadn't thought about using a crock pot for decades until I started perusing the latest slow cooker recipe books at Amazon. Wow! What a variety... and so many of the recipes looked healthy and delicious.
That made me want to take advantage of the convenience this appliance provides, so I immediately went in search of a crockpot to add to my cookware arsenal.
Soon after, I was gifted a recipe book, 125 Best Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes
by Judith Finlayson. Don't underestimate the value and convenience of using this old fashioned method of preparing meals.
What Are The Benefits of Crock Pot Cooking?
- Timesaving convenience - Most meals can cook for 8 to 10 hours unattended.
- Foods that are simmered are more nutritious and have a better flavor because more natural juices are retained and the flavors have more time to 'marry'.
- Economical to operate - An extended period of low wattage cooking costs less than a shorter cooking time at high wattage.
- Cleanup is easy with the removable ceramic crock.
- Crock pots are versatile; You can prepare foods such as soups and stews, poached fish, or a cake or cookies.
- Food is easy to transport when you attend a potluck social gathering. Just plug it in at your destination to keep the food warm.
- Great for all seasons - In the winter you can come home to a hot, tasty meal, and in summer there is the added benefit of not overheating the kitchen.
Slow Cooker Tips
- Prepare your meal the night before and refrigerate it. In the morning, simply put the pot in the cooker, turn it on and leave.
- Don't Peek! Each time you lift the lid, heat escapes and you'll have to add an extra 20 minutes of cooking every time you open it.
- If you need to purchase a crockpot, you may want to try a thrift store or garage sale first.
Leave Slow Cooker and go to Holistic Nutrition