Health Benefits of Water
The foundation of the health benefits of water is that water is essential for the proper mechanical and physiological functioning of everything in your body. It's the most common molecule in the human body and without it your body can't function normally. Next to oxygen, water is the most essential element for your survival.
The most common cause of daytime fatigue is mild dehydration, but a state of chronic dehydration will lead to debilitating illness.
The health benefits of water are clearly discussed in the excellent book,
Your Body's Many Cries for Water
by Dr. F. Batmanghelidj, M.D. He explains the physiological consequences of allowing yourself to remain in a chronic state of dehydration.
20 Reasons Why Your Body
Needs Pure Water Every Day
- Water generates electrical and magnetic energy inside each and every cell of the body; it provides the power to live.
- Water prevents DNA damage and makes its repair mechanisms more efficient - less abnormal DNA is made.
- Water greatly increases the efficiency of the immune system in the bone marrow, where the immune system is formed (all its mechanisms) - including its efficiency against cancer.
- Water is the main solvent of all foods, vitamins, and minerals. It is used in the breakdown of food into smaller particles and their eventual metabolism and assimilation.
- Water increases the efficiency of red blood cells in collecting oxygen in the lungs.
- Water clears toxic waste from different parts of the body and takes it to the liver and kidneys for disposal.
- Water is the main lubricant in the joint spaces and helps prevent arthritis and back pain.
- Water is used in the spinal discs to make them "shock-absorbing water cushions".
- Water is the best lubricating laxative and prevents constipation.
- Water prevents clogging of arteries in the heart and brain, and helps reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- Water gives us power and electrical energy for all brain functions, most particularly thinking.
- Water is directly needed for the efficient manufacture of all neurotransmitters, including serotonin.
- Water can help prevent attention deficit disorder in children and adults.
- Water restores normal sleep rhythms.
- Water makes the skin smoother and decreases the effects of aging.
- Water decreases premenstrual pain and hot flashes.
- Dehydration prevents sex hormone production - one of the primary causes of impotence and loss of libido.
- Water reduces the incidence of morning sickness in pregnancy.
- Water helps prevent the loss of memory as we age. It helps reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease, Multiple Sclerosis,
Parkinson's disease, and Lou Gehrig's disease.
- Water helps reverse addictive urges, including those for caffeine, alcohol, and some drugs.
Leave Health Benefits of Water and go to Drink Pure Water
Leave Health Benefits of Water and go to Holistic Wellness Basics HOME